“Change happens through movement and movement heals.”
My aim is to bring about an awareness between my client and their bodies. To help RESTORE any muscular imbalances, create a strong and efficiently functioning body and to feel energised. I teach a creative and EFFECTIVE pilates class, focusing on the needs of the individual, where my knowledge and love of movement and dance underpins each class.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- If you have a body...you can do Pilates. Whether you are 19 or 90, male or female, there is a place for you on the mat, on the equipment or as a 1:1 client.
- With over 20 years of studying the body through dance and Pilates, I have dedicated my time to gaining recognised qualifications to teach authentic and effective Pilates. It has taken well over 1000 hours of training, to become a qualified Classical Pilates teacher.
- Have an injury? I am a movement teacher, not a Physiotherapist or an Osteopath but I do work closely with health care professionals to get you on the road to recovery. I have anatomical knowledge and experience of working with clients with various health conditions and injuries
- I will always modify exercises to make sure they are right for each individual and I am happy to listen to any concerns so that the class is right for you and what you need.
- I work closely with my clients to get the best out of them, so they can progress, feel strong and energised after each class.
- You will always receive a warm welcome to class. It is a non judgemental environment and as a teacher I have patience and empathy towards all of my clients as we all have our own challenges and goals in mind.
- There is a sense of community and encouragement towards one and other in class and we all share the same love of Pilates.
- I enjoy the cheerful and fun atmosphere in class. We don't take ourselves too seriously ........but be prepared to work hard!!
- If you practice Pilates regularly, it can change your physique. It’s known for creating strong, lean muscles, improving flexibility and gaining control over YOUR body.
- The Pilates method will increase muscular strength to better support the skeletal system.
- It will also teach you how to MOVE ...and move more efficiently
- Pilates is about PROGRESS and building on a strong foundation. There are levels for everyone and it’s up to you where you’d like to take your practise.
- Be prepared to start slowly, to find the work CORRECTLY in your body...but it doesn't have to stop there....
- Pilates can be a tough WORKOUT. Used by Boxers, althletes, and dancers as part of their training regimes, it has the potential to really challenge, train and push the body.
- Pilates is a FULL-BODY workout.
- By using the equipment, we can move around the studio picking out what exercises each body NEEDS.
- It is a journey between you and your body, a continuous learning curve where you will get STRONGER.