“Change happens through movement and movement heals.”
My aim is to bring about an awareness between my client and their bodies. To help RESTORE any muscular imbalances, create a strong and efficiently functioning body and to feel energised. I teach a creative and EFFECTIVE pilates class, focusing on the needs of the individual, where my knowledge and love of movement and dance underpins each class.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
- If you have a body...you can do Pilates. Whether you are 19 or 90, male or female, there is a place for you on the mat, on the equipment or as a 1:1 client.
- With over 20 years of studying the body through dance and Pilates, I have dedicated my time to gaining recognised qualifications to teach authentic and effective Pilates. It has taken well over 1000 hours of training, to become a qualified Classical Pilates teacher.
- Have an injury? I am a movement teacher, not a Physiotherapist or an Osteopath but I do work closely with health care professionals to get you on the road to recovery. I have anatomical knowledge and experience of working with clients with various health conditions and injuries
- I will always modify exercises to make sure they are right for each individual and I am happy to listen to any concerns so that the class is right for you and what you need.
- I work closely with my clients to get the best out of them, so they can progress, feel strong and energised after each class.
- You will always receive a warm welcome to class. It is a non judgemental environment and as a teacher I have patience and empathy towards all of my clients as we all have our own challenges and goals in mind.
- There is a sense of community and encouragement towards one and other in class and we all share the same love of Pilates.
- I enjoy the cheerful and fun atmosphere in class. We don't take ourselves too seriously ........but be prepared to work hard!!
- If you practice Pilates regularly, it can change your physique. It’s known for creating strong, lean muscles, improving flexibility and gaining control over YOUR body.
- The Pilates method will increase muscular strength and symmetry to better support the skeletal system. This can help towards achieving a better POSTURE as we realign the body and re-educate the mind on how to use the body.
- It will also teach you how to MOVE ...and move more efficiently
- Pilates is about PROGRESS and building on a strong foundation. There are levels for everyone and it’s up to you where you’d like to take your practise.
- Be prepared to start slowly, to find the work CORRECTLY in your body...but it doesn't have to stop there....
- Pilates can be a tough WORKOUT. Used by Boxers, althletes, and dancers as part of their training regimes, it has the potential to really challenge, train and push the body.
- Pilates is a FULL-BODY workout.
- By using the equipment, we can move around the studio picking out what exercises each body NEEDS.
- It is a journey between you and your body, a continuous learning curve where you will get STRONGER.
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies